- All tenant rent payments are due on the first of the month. Rent may be mailed or dropped off at the following addresses:
- Mailing Address: P. O. Box 804729, Chicago, IL 60680
- Office Location: 6227 S. Dorchester Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60637
- Please make checks payable to VCP.
- Only money orders or checks are accepted. No cash allowed.
- A late charge will strictly be enforced in the event that VCP has not received full
payment by the 5th calendar day of the month. Late fees are assessed at $10.00 for the first $500.00 of rent, plus 5% for any amount above $500.00 (refer to your lease agreement).
- Please contact the appropriate utility companies to ensure service for your cooking gas, electricity, and phone/internet/cable service.
- The following are service provider contact numbers:
- VCP utilizes an information retrieval and messaging system.
- You will be able to leave your maintenance request on this system. VCP will then be
able to prioritize, distribute and track maintenance requests with this system.
- When leaving a maintenance request it is imperative that you provide the following information:
- Your name & address including your unit number
- Day and/or evening phone numbers
- Detailed message of your maintenance request.
- All after-hours maintenance requests must be placed on the Maintenance Hotline.
- VCP greatly appreciates tenant referrals. If you refer a new tenant to VCP and they qualify and are accepted, VCP will credit you a referral fee equal to $200 per referral (up to 3 referrals per year).
- If you are locked out of your apartment, VCP will do their best to get you back in your apartment during business hours only.
- If you are locked out after-hours or during the weekend, it will be your responsibility to contact a locksmith.
- Any cost incurred because of lockouts will be your responsibility.
- Dogs and cats are allowed in specific VCP Properties, only with advance written approval by VCP. Please call for pet friendly locations.
- Dogs are subject to weight restrictions and may be denied for any reason.
- VCP does not cover your personal property.
- You are required by your lease to purchase renter's insurance.
- Purchasing renter's insurance is the best way to protect your personal property when
renting an apartment.